Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left 4 Dead 2

+3
mrbonsaikitten
Wesker
Hoedown
7 posters

Go down

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Hoedown Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:39 am

Hoedown

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Wesker Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

Why does it look like tf2?
Wesker
Wesker
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:21 am

yeah seems like a mod of some kind. The witch looks *exactly* the same. no model upgrade or anything..
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadz Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:21 am

imo, valve can go fuck themselves sideways because of this release. I think it it just plain fucked to release a sequel LESS THAN A YEAR after the original release. This also means that there probably ARENT going to be any more left 4 dead updates, and we will probably NEVER see anything good come out of left 4 dead anymore. There will not be a SDK....anymore...
Shadz
Shadz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:23 am

pretty sure its not real. or i could be wrong...

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210612/left-4-dead-2-due-november-17

though i would expect it might be a costed update rather than a new game, like HL2:EP1 or something, Im just grasping at possibilities seeing as it would be a poor business model to release so quickly,

However that being said, the amount of units shipped on L4D probably paid for its and L4D2's developement costs, meaning that essentially its all profit baby
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:34 am

mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickletron Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:41 am

Where is Zoey and why are there two black people?
Pickletron
Pickletron
Founder
Founder

https://l4dmhz.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

Pickletron wrote:Where is Zoey and why are there two black people?

Only black people will survive the zombie apocalypse, by l4d 4 it will be 4 black chicks
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesker Tue 02 Jun 2009, 12:05 pm

Shadz wrote:imo, valve can go fuck themselves sideways because of this release. I think it it just plain fucked to release a sequel LESS THAN A YEAR after the original release. This also means that there probably ARENT going to be any more left 4 dead updates, and we will probably NEVER see anything good come out of left 4 dead anymore. There will not be a SDK....anymore...

You sound exactly like the guys over at the Steam forum. TBH, we have all very much gotten our MONEYS WORTH with L4D. Valve are a smart company and know how to make money. Had they released this as an expansion that you didn't have to pay for, they would be considered "Bitch whipped" and quite a stupid company. Had they released this as an expansion that you HAD to pay for, all those little bitches that feel that L4D is not value for money would fill the forums crying that they actually have to pay for content.

Releasing something like this as a sequel was a smart decision by Valve, to keep the fans happy (Sort of) and to make money.

Prove me wrong. afro
Wesker
Wesker
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 02 Jun 2009, 2:37 pm

Wesker wrote:
Shadz wrote:imo, valve can go fuck themselves sideways because of this release. I think it it just plain fucked to release a sequel LESS THAN A YEAR after the original release. This also means that there probably ARENT going to be any more left 4 dead updates, and we will probably NEVER see anything good come out of left 4 dead anymore. There will not be a SDK....anymore...

You sound exactly like the guys over at the Steam forum. TBH, we have all very much gotten our MONEYS WORTH with L4D. Valve are a smart company and know how to make money. Had they released this as an expansion that you didn't have to pay for, they would be considered "Bitch whipped" and quite a stupid company. Had they released this as an expansion that you HAD to pay for, all those little bitches that feel that L4D is not value for money would fill the forums crying that they actually have to pay for content.

Releasing something like this as a sequel was a smart decision by Valve, to keep the fans happy (Sort of) and to make money.

Prove me wrong. afro

QFT Bravo wesker well said
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadz Wed 03 Jun 2009, 8:43 am

I'm still gonna buy it, but i think it should be treated as either an expansion pack or DLC as opposed to a new game. Furthermore, I think that anybody who owns l4d should have the opportunity to get l4d2 as 50% off.

What grinds my gears is the fact that they are releasing it so soon after the original release. Valve also said they started developing l4d2 at the same time they released l4d1. I think they have their head in the wrong place.
Shadz
Shadz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed 03 Jun 2009, 9:08 am

Shadz wrote: There will not be a SDK....anymore...

there already is an SDK..... Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools....

But yes i have to argree wiht Shadz it is far... FAR to early for a sequal to be released and the fact that it looks like TF2 is a downgrade! Shocked
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Wed 03 Jun 2009, 9:28 am

Zero wrote:
Shadz wrote: There will not be a SDK....anymore...

there already is an SDK..... Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools....

But yes i have to argree wiht Shadz it is far... FAR to early for a sequal to be released and the fact that it looks like TF2 is a downgrade! Shocked

remember its still in beta, november is a few months away, and nobody is forcing you to buy it. Remember the best way to vote is with your wallet. Don't buy it and they will get the point.
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed 03 Jun 2009, 10:17 am

Oh its a Beta my bad... :s and no i will still buy it cause im sure it will still be good Razz
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Tyrant Fri 05 Jun 2009, 11:42 am

I would have prefered to have this as an expansion, as those who buy L4D 2 may still be able to play with those who did not "upgrade". thus not having two split communities on our already lacking player base (of people who can actually play).
Raging Tyrant
Raging Tyrant

http://aidan.dunn@wave.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down