Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version

2 posters

Go down

Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version Empty Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version

Post by LOTUK Thu 29 Oct 2009, 9:48 pm

For those of you intent on actually enjoying your gaming experience and who haven't bought the game yet, the following painless method worked for me (presuming they don't crack down on it):

1) browse to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk
2) log in using your normal steam account
3) Buy the game for yourself
4) Change your country when paying at the checkout to United Kingdom (you can leave all the other Aussie details as is)
5) An open as window should appear where you can click OK to add it to steam (I don't think this part is necessary, but just saying what I did)
6) You now have the uncut version (at least I'm playing the uncut demo, so presumably this means the full version will be uncut)

I know... I'm awesome
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version Empty Re: Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version

Post by LOTUK Thu 29 Oct 2009, 11:04 pm

to get the cut demo to the uncut demo you can try the bottom of this page with the screenshots:
http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/general/thread.php/2801790?p=3#lastpost
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version Empty Re: Getting the Left 4 Dead Uncut version

Post by LOTUK Fri 30 Oct 2009, 3:54 am

Steam may have jumped on top of this. I'm hearing reports of uncut versions CHANGING to AU versions. Through gifted copies, VPN purchased copies and presumably the above method purchased.

Though reports also suggest that the demo is still uncut (despite it saying AU). If so, only time will tell if the full version will cut or uncut. But I'll be returning my copy (and fighting the no returns after release) if the version is gimped...

Will let you know tonight an update unless someone who's now says AU can test and post
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadz Fri 30 Oct 2009, 6:49 am

I'm updating now, but servers are busy..
Shadz
Shadz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down