Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AvP UNBANNED in Aus

4 posters

:: Public Forum :: News

Go down

AvP UNBANNED in Aus Empty AvP UNBANNED in Aus

Post by Wesker Fri 18 Dec 2009, 8:30 am

AvP UNBANNED in Aus Predator

After the OFLC refused classification of the anticipated Aliens vs. Predator game, thus preventing its release and sale in Australia, SEGA Australia has announced today that the decision has been overturned.

According to Darren Macbeth, Managing Director of SEGA Australia, the Australian Classification Review Board has overturned the RC (Refused Classification) rating, without any cuts made to the game.

In his words, "It is with great pleasure that we announce the success of our appeal. We are particularly proud that the game will be released in its original entirety, with no content altered or removed whatsoever. This is a big win for Australian gamers. We applaud the Classification Review Board on making a decision that clearly considers the context of the game, and is in line with the modern expectations of reasonable Australians."

The game has been re-rated as MA15+.

http://palgn.com.au/playstation-3/15752/aliens-vs-predator-un-banned/
Wesker
Wesker
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

AvP UNBANNED in Aus Empty Re: AvP UNBANNED in Aus

Post by Johnny Bravo Sat 19 Dec 2009, 12:31 am

Awsome.
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post by LOTUK Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:16 am

Aliens vs Predator Australian Ban Decision Reversed
Post by Dan @ 04:31pm 18/12/09 | 29 Comments
SEGA bring a little Christmas cheer this afternoon with news the recently refused classification decision for Aliens vs Predator has since been overturned and the game has now been awarded with an MA15+ rating.

"It is with great pleasure that we announce the success of our appeal. We are particularly proud that the game will be released in its original entirety, with no content altered or removed whatsoever. This is a big win for Australian gamers. We applaud the Classification Review Board on making a decision that clearly considers the context of the game, and is in line with the modern expectations of reasonable Australians", Darren Macbeth, Managing Director, SEGA Australia.

This decision might not help the cause for establishing an R18+ rating for videogames in Australia, but it's nice to know that we'll all be able to play the game around the same time as our international peers - currently looking at a late February 2010 release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

For more details on the game, check out AusGamers early coverage from the 2009 E3 Expo.

Update: The classification board have also now released their official report which goes further to state:

In the Review Board’s opinion the violence depicted in the game can be accommodated within the MA 15+ category as the violent scenes are not prolonged and are interspersed with longer non violent sequences. The violence is fantastical in nature and justified by the context of the game, set in a futuristic science-fiction world, inhabited by aliens and predators. This context serves to lessen its impact. The more contentious violence is randomly generated and is not dependent on player selection of specific moves.

Computer games classified MA 15+ are not suitable for persons under 15 years of age. MA 15+ computer games are legally restricted.

While we're glad that Australian's will be able to enjoy this game, it's still worth noting that the game has currently also been rated 18+ by the BBFC (UK) and it's expected that other regions will also be deliberating the own age cut-offs above 15+. Think of the children indeed.
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by LOTUK Sat 19 Dec 2009, 1:19 am

It's great that it's unbanned, but it was some nice fuel on the fire and the reasons for turning the classification are just as much a wank job as the ones for banning it.

It all contradicts their own review process... blah!
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Sat 19 Dec 2009, 2:34 am

hmmm i think its a little too convenient what with the net filter issues + R18. methinks they are trying to batten down the hatches and remove one issue from the party
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by LOTUK Tue 22 Dec 2009, 9:53 am

I'm getting me one of these:
http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2829599
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Tue 22 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

LOTUK wrote:I'm getting me one of these:
http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2829599

me tooo me toooo I fucking love Aliens
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by LOTUK Wed 23 Dec 2009, 2:04 pm

Ditto... too bad it doesn't grow into a pet xenomorph Sad

And I thought you said you were trying to get away from collectors editions Razz Now I can't rub the face hugger in your face Sad (haha, I crack me up)
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Wed 23 Dec 2009, 3:29 pm

LOTUK wrote:Ditto... too bad it doesn't grow into a pet xenomorph Sad

And I thought you said you were trying to get away from collectors editions Razz Now I can't rub the face hugger in your face Sad (haha, I crack me up)

Well this is a definite exception...
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Public Forum :: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum