Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers

3 posters

:: Public Forum :: News

Go down

Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers Empty Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers

Post by LOTUK Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:06 am

My rage has gone down slightly.... enough for me to post again (original link here)

Post by Dan @ 11:51am 17/02/10 | 22 Comments
It's not available in Australia until tomorrow, but Aliens vs Predator has now shipped in North America for PC (including Steam), Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Unfortunately however, despite the pre-release promise that the PC version would include support for dedicated servers and not just the sloppy peer to peer play we all experienced in the lacklustre demo, the software required to run dedicated servers has yet to be released by developer Rebellion Entertainment.

A post by Rebellion over on the Steam Forums explains:

Rebellion are busy preparing the dedicated server for the Aliens vs. Predator community. We hope to have a beta release with reduced functionality out in the next few days and further updates to improve functionality and fix bugs over the next few weeks.

The files will be available to download from the “Tools” tab in the Steam client and will be a free download.

Very disappointing news that doesn't paint a bright future for this game as a lasting multiplayer PC title.

To rub it in a little more, here's another trailer promoting the game's multiplayer component, showing the "species deathmatch" game mode.
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers Empty Re: Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers

Post by mrbonsaikitten Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:14 am

For the love of all that is fail, did they not see how releasing MW2 without dedicated servers basically destroyed it..... mwahaha but seriously that sucks balls I guess lotuk will host all games......
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers Empty Re: Aliens vs Predator PC Launches Without Dedicated Servers

Post by LOTUK Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:21 am

MW2 didn't fail which annoys me more Razz it works, but I still fucking hate it. I like meeting ppl regularly on a server, enjoying playing with them over a few weeks then adding them as a friend... *cough* MHz *cough*
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:25 am

LOTUK wrote:MW2 didn't fail which annoys me more Razz it works, but I still fucking hate it. I like meeting ppl regularly on a server, enjoying playing with them over a few weeks then adding them as a friend... *cough* MHz *cough*

It didnt fail, no, but it still kinda did, DS support should be a dealbreaker really
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesker Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:21 am

Well at least we have until the 20th for them to release the DS patch.
Wesker
Wesker
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LOTUK Thu 18 Feb 2010, 2:09 am

Pft, I'm sure it will still work tonight
LOTUK
LOTUK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Thu 18 Feb 2010, 7:04 am

yep yep all works good, time for those DS soon please!
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Fri 19 Feb 2010, 4:40 am

Shits awesome! I love harvesting the Civilians!
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Wesker Fri 19 Feb 2010, 8:33 am

mrbonsaikitten wrote:Shits awesome! I love harvesting the Civilians!
I love harvesting LOTUK's mum.
Wesker
Wesker
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbonsaikitten Sat 20 Feb 2010, 4:04 pm

My PSU has blown so i wont be on for a couple days trying to sort shit out, i will be on lappy but no games Sad
mrbonsaikitten
mrbonsaikitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down